Saturday, May 19, 2007


I'm thinking about going to this exhibition at V1.

Watched the korean movie Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. I'ts about a deaf-mute boy Ruy who tries to raise money, so he can buy his sister a new kidney and thereby save her life. But everything goes wrong and from there on vengeance is the main issue. The first half of the film is beautiful, mystifying and even funny, but the last part is pretty hard-boiled. Had to close my eyes a couple of times. It's the first part of a trilogy by Chan-wook Park, the second one is Oldboy, the third is Lady Vengeance. I'm very impressed by the whole visual composition of the movie, just like I am with his fellow korean director Kim Ki-duk's visual masterpieces.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christian R said...

Is the exhibition and the movies connected somehow? Hm.

Love Park's movies, especially Oldboy, though some of my friends are still mad at me for showing them Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance...

1:48 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Aah no, not connected. I was in a hurry and forgot to make an entry for the exhibition.
Going to see Oldboy soon, I'm glad if it's even better than Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance.
Your friends..they should be thanking you for showing them fine korean flicks :)

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home