Saturday, June 16, 2007

Grizzly on the shore

I have spend the latest couple of weeks with nice friends, music, books, dvd's and enjoying the weather. So nothing new really, except the weather.

Grizzly Man turned out to be the best in the pile of dvd's. I had read a lot about the documentary before even watching it, but still it amazed me. Beautiful shots of Alaskan nature and grizzly bears. And a portrait of a troubled man, who really just wants to be a bear himself.

I finished Haruki Murakamis Kafka on the Shore. The title says it all...mysterious and intriguing. I wont even begin to tell about the storyline. You have to read it yourself. Please do, I need someone to discuss it with.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian R said...

Grizzly Man is great, I can recommend most of Herzog's works, and I've read Kafka on the Shore, what do you want to talk about :) ?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Nice, you've read Kafka on the Shore too. Did you like it?
I was a bit mystified by the whole Johnnie Walker figure and the flute. What happened? To me, it seemed like that part of the story had a dead end. But maybe I missed something, I'm not sure...
That being said, I still think it's a great book. Lots of stuff to think about afterwards.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Christian R said...

It was the first Murakami novel I read, so it blew me away. I really liked it, but unfortunately I can't seem to remember books I've read to well. So I might not be the best to discuss it with after all. The easy answer would be that some things don't have an explanation ;)

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sjovt med kafka on the shore, jeg er lige begyndt på trækopfuglens krønike - tegner meget interessant - er lidt zen-agtig at læse, hvis man kan sige det...

3:23 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Trækopfuglens krønike er en af hans bedste romaner, men også en af de mest mystiske. Han er en super forfatter. Lidt mere zenagtig, som du siger, og en anelse mere gådefuld end Paul Auster.
Har du set hans website? Det er ret spændende og afspejler fint universet i romanerne.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home