Monday, January 28, 2008

Control

I enjoyed every bit of Control by Anton Corbijn. What a fantastic debut as a director. I have been fan of Joy Division for many years and of course I was thrilled when I heard about this movie portraying Ian Curtis. My expectations were high and I wasn't let down. It's really not just a film for Joy Division fans. There's some great acting by Sam Riley and Samantha Morton, and the black and white pictures are beautifully composed.
**
I watched The Orphanage the other day, it was very scary...
**
The new Cat Power album is really good. My only problem is that the first three tracks are so incredibly good that I keep listening to them over and over again, and never get past them.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jürgen Kreileder said...

I have the same problem with those first three songs...

10:36 PM  
Blogger Christian R said...

Yea I thought Control were great too, I can also recommend Gee's documentary if you haven't seen it already.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I really want to see that too. Hope I get a chance to see it in the cinema soon. Can't find it on dvd, so it's probably not released yet.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Christian R said...

No, I think I saw it on Dox. Probably be out later this year.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home